Optimizing your Pinterest account can be simple- if you have the right people in your corner. The good news for you is I know Pinterest strategy and I’ve got your back! Occasionally, I want to take a look at some popular industries and give you my suggested strategy for leveraging the power of Pinterest to grow your audience. This week it’s all things Wedding Industry!
Whether you are a Wedding Blogger, Photographer, a vendor using Etsy or Amazon Handmade to sell your wedding related products, this post (and video) is a gold mine of information!
I’ve done some research and put together some suggestions for your account that should give some great ideas for creating the right Boards and making it easy for you and your business to be discovered. That’s what it’s all about, right?!
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Resouce Library! Inside that treasure chest is a video tutorial for stock-piling your Pinterest Boards with AMAZING content, fabulous Pinterest Accounts (that are KILLING IT) to follow, and SEO tips!
Let me just say this, if you don’t have any wedding related boards on your account fix that stat! Just about anything wedding is one of the most popular searches on Pinterest and is sure to bring traffic to your page. Not to mention, you’re a wedding focused creative entrepreneur, this is how you get your brand out there!
My goal is to make this simple for you- so here are some practical tips for making Pinterest work for you!
- Have a general weddings board. This can be something as simple as a wedding ideas board. You can use this as a dumping ground for great content and, once you have enough pins for a more specified board (i.e. Boho Wedding Ideas) then you can create that board and re-pin from the general board. That creates more visibility for you in the long run!
- The more wedding related boards you can come up with the better. There is plenty of inspiration out in the Pinterest universe. Just scrolling through the accounts in the video tutorial for this post should get those creative juices flowing and help you come up with content ideas.
PRO TIP: Things like Wedding Cakes, Wedding Rings, Bridesmaid Gifts, etc. are GREAT boards to consider! They are SEO friendly and are highly used keyword searches within Pinterest
- SEO, SEO, SEO! I can’t say enough about Search Engine Optimization. Pinterest is a search engine so don’t be skimpy with the keywords you use in your board titles, descriptions, etc. Bring people in with great search terms- board titles can make all the difference.
- If you are running out of content do a keyword search within Pinterest and look through different boards instead of pins. This will bring up pins that don’t always show up in your Smartfeed or typical search results. Only so many pins can show up at the top so this is a great way to find new content. My recommendation is to follow some of these boards. You’ll be glad you did when it’s time to find new content. Following people within your industry will save you so much time!
- When brainstorming SEO friendly board names or descriptions for your boards I will always recommend searching right there within Pinterest. You will be able to see popular searches and learn what’s working (and what’s not) from other accounts.
- Take advantage of free help when it’s offered. Be sure to get access to my resource library and watch the tutorial for today’s post and follow those accounts. You can also hop over and join our Pinterest Mastermind Community on Facebook!
Pinterest is an incredible resource for all of you wedding industry entrepreneurs! I’m POSITIVE with a little intentional love and the right strategy for your Pinterest you are going to see some amazing results! I look forward to hearing how well these tips work for you!