As a mom myself I know how valuable Pinterest is for parenting life-saver tips. I find myself looking for activity ideas, crafts, recipes, home remedies- you name it and I’ve looked. Why do I use Pinterest? Because it has so many fabulous resources!
What about the people on the other side of the searches- the ones who are aiming to provide the valuable content to the millions of parents looking at Pinterest every day? If you are one of the folks in the kids/parenting niche then this post is for you!
I’ve spent some time digging around in Pinterest and I found some quality accounts and boards for you to check out and follow to help add fabulous content to your boards as well as ideas for baseline boards for your account! Before we dive into that let’s re-visit a few must-remember’s for Pinterest marketing.
Here are some practical tips to remember that will make Pinterest work for you:
- SEO, SEO, SEO! I can’t say enough about Search Engine Optimization. Pinterest is a search engine so don’t be skimpy with the keywords you use in your board titles, descriptions, etc. Bring people in with great search terms- board titles can make all the difference.
- If you are running out of content do a keyword search within Pinterest and look through different boards instead of pins. This will bring up pins that don’t always show up in your Smartfeed or typical search results. Only so many pins can show up at the top so this is a great way to find new content. My recommendation is to follow some of these boards. You’ll be glad you did when it’s time to find new content. Following people within your industry will save you so much time!
- When brainstorming SEO friendly board names or descriptions for your boards I will always recommend searching right there within Pinterest. You will be able to see popular searches and learn what’s working (and what’s not) from other accounts.
- Take advantage of free help when it’s offered. Be sure to get access to my resource library!
*some of these may or may not be applicable, depending on the child age range of your target market. I.e. Parents of babies vs. Parents of teenagers will have very different board recommendations. Use the below as a guideline/inspiration only and alter where needed.
Now to the fun stuff!
Here is the list of Baseline Board Ideas for Kids/Parenting Niches:
- Mom Tips (or “Parenting Tips” if targeting Dads too)
- Easy Kids Meals
- Healthy Kids Snacks
- Kids Craft Ideas
- Kids Summer Activities
- Kids Travel Activities
- Kids Birthday Party Ideas
- Kids Birthday Cakes
- Kids Gift Ideas
- Baby Shower Ideas
- Gifts for New Moms
- Nursery Decor
- DIY Baby Foods
- DIY Home Remedies
- Green Cleaning Tips
As a bonus here are some Pinterest boards I recommend following that will add great content for your niche:
- Kindergarten Toolkit
- While They Slept
- Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Rachel @ The Analytical Mommy
- Anna @ The Imagination Tree
I am certain that these tips are going to help you with getting your incredible content out to the masses! Pinterest is a powerful business leveraging tool! Enjoy the process and, as always, stay tuned for more Pinterest Strategy tips coming your way next week!
Don’t forget to sign up for the FREE Resource Library HERE
Have Pinterest Questions? Join my private Facebook Group- Pinterest Mastermind Community- HERE