Whether you are running a very successful business or just dipping your toes in the water when it comes to building your brand, you know that having a well thought out and put together social media strategy is key! But, keeping up with each platform’s post schedules can be overwhelming!
That’s where post schedulers come in! They come at various price points and capabilities, though. So, how does one choose? Well, I’ve done the research for you! There is a long list of available services and this series is going to be your go-to to figure out which one works best for you and your needs.
Today, we are highlighting Buffer.
If you are looking for a simple and easy to use program, Buffer is what you’re looking for. It’s a no fluff or frills system. The layout is easy to follow and is incredibly user friendly.
Buffer offers some great features for it’s users:
- Scheduling within Buffer or through the Buffer Extension (available for multiple web-browsers) is incredibly easy. Through Buffer you can toggle between calendar and list view to choose upload your posts and organize them based off of your preferred time.
- Browser Extension makes uploading directly from Pinterest a breeze! You can choose your Pin and schedule for any social media platform you choose.
- Optimal Times posting allows you, the user, to calculate the best times during the day to schedule a post and then it auto schedules them. Each time allows for customization but this feature does a decent job at pulling from collected data so adjustments can be few.
- (Depending on the version you choose) Buffer comes in handy for client management. Buffer Awesome and Buffer Business create an easier way for you to curate your clients social media pages based off of their needs.
- Buffer Awesome (necessary if you are uploading to Pinterest) is reasonably priced at $10/mo or roughly $102/year. For a simple post scheduler the investment is well worth it.
Even though Buffer is has many great features, just like anything else, it has its areas of weakness. If you are looking for a program that offers extensive analytics or significant post scheduling options- well, maybe Buffer isn’t your solution.
- While great for someone who is sharing minimal content, Buffer is not geared for long term content management. Recommended post schedule would be 30 posts per day. With Buffers capability of scheduling only 100 pins at a time that would only allow you to schedule out for about 3 days in advance.
- The Analytics feature is limited to a 7 day review period unless you upgrade your account.
- With a limit of 16 optimal post times a day it doesn’t offer as much as some of the more complex programs out there.
- Doesn’t automatically post to Instagram however, it does allow for you to schedule a post.
If you are looking to get your feet wet with a Pinterest and social media scheduler or just looking for a simple no-nonsense program to work with Buffer is a great option!
Click HERE to try Buffer for free for 14 days!
Click HERE to watch my Step-By-Step tutorial on how to set-up your Buffer and start posting!